New Hire Information
Welcome HSHS Southern Illinois Division Colleagues
Hospital Sisters Health System would like to welcome you as a new colleague to the Southern Illinois Division and St. Elizabeth's Hospital. As a division, our purpose is to achieve the mission of HSHS by providing region-leading, high-value health care to the communities we serve. We have a diverse work envirionment that has a lot to offer and we hope you will enjoy being a part of our team.
The following information and resources will help you get started as part of our caring family.
All new colleagues are required to complete a pre-employment physical. There are several items that you will need to bring for each step of your onboarding that day:
- A photo ID for your drug screening
- A copy of your most recent TB test
- A copy of your Immunization Record (specifically for Varicella, MMR, Hepatitis B, and Seasonal Flu)
- Any other pertinent medical history information, including current prescription medications
- Essential Functions Test Appointment - if applicable
- Some of our positions require you to successfully complete an Essential Functions Test prior to beginning employment. For this test, we ask that you wear clothes that you would be comfortable working out in and tennis shoes.
People Services New Hire Paperwork Appointment
In addition to the Pre-Employment Physical, all new colleagues will need to complete onboarding paperwork. Please bring the following items with you:
- All completed New Hire Forms
- A voided check for Direct Deposit purposes
- Proper identification for your I-9 Employment Verification Form. Appropriate forms of identification for the form can be found on page five at http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-9.pdf
- Original documents of any licenses, registrations or certifications relevant to your position so that we may make a copy for your file.
- Please be ready to take your badge photo at this time.
Employee (Colleague) Self-Service Link
Below is the link to the Employee Self-Service module in PeopleSoft wher you will be able to see all of your personal demographics, benefit, and payroll information, and view your checkonline. In addition, you will be able to elect payroll deduction for food purchases at the hospital.
Click link to go to Employee Self-Service
Please note that this link will not be active until your first day of employment. In addition, further reference materials will be provided on your first day of employment.
The RN Residency is a unique and comprehensive, evidence-based transition program that prepares newly graduated nurses to be a safe, competent, and confident nursing professional. Designed by nurses, the curriculum includes 75% clinical time and 25% classroom time. Individual Preceptors and Mentors are assigned to eacdh participant. Innovative, one-on-one attention prevents novice nurses from feeling overwhelmed in their first year of work. Debriefing and support groups are also provided. St. Elizabeth's Hospital offers the Residency twice each year in February and July.
To learn more about the Residency, visit our CAREERS page.